“THE MICE ATE MY BAR-BAIT!”

 

“Really? Give them some more.”  “I did!”

This is just one of the many riveting conversations between my husband and myself.   The mice have thrived here due to the wet spring and have overran my barn.  I reassure my husband that the cats have been very diligent in trying to solve this matter.

 

As I left the room, it struck me how excited we both were over the simplest of things.  While our lives are quite a bit more complex than this, I  love the fact that the day to day life on our farm, sometimes is very  basic.

As I read the articulate writings of people telling who and what they are grateful for, I wish for the words and skill to do the same.     However, that’s just not me,  so I will do it my way.

My Faith gives me peace and hope.  My Husband and Kids are the reason my faith is stronger than it used to be.  The Simple Things in my life are what make me smile.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

image
GET YA SOME.
Advertisements

9 thoughts on ““THE MICE ATE MY BAR-BAIT!”

  1. abbiegrrl November 27, 2015 / 3:17 pm

    I hope you had the Happiest Thanksgiving ever. And, if the mice eat poison, won’t it hurt the cats?
    I envy your sweet, simple life. My goal is quite similar, some day.

    Liked by 1 person

    • Donkey Driver November 28, 2015 / 12:54 am

      Hi there! First things first: I have the mouse poison in an enclosed feed room where the cats don’t live, but we have poisoned mice forever with no harm to the cats. The mice scurry off to their holes and the cats don’t generally even find them. If they happen to come across a mouse that has been poisoned they rarely show any interest due to the fact that cats like fresh food. We have always poisoned mice with no harm to the kitties! 😊. Thank you for following my blog, I have found yours quite insightful. I’m wishing you the lifestyle you have in mind too!

      Liked by 1 person

  2. tbnranch November 28, 2015 / 4:38 pm

    Mice have been a problem here too on occasion. However, I have learned my lesson with poison baits. I know you confine the bait to a closed off area, but mice eat the bait and leave the area to find water, then die, that’s how baits work. If another animal eats the dead mouse it can die a horrible death… the heart explodes. Also birds carry off any bait the mouse has maybe dropped… so as you can see, there is a potential danger in using baits. I worked in a vet hospitals my entire career, so this is how I KNOW this is a real hazard to the pets you love. I quit using baits, now I hang bags of moth balls in the corners of the barn and garage. Rodents hate moth balls and so far it’s really helped. I haven’t seen any for a long time. Just a heads up, sometimes we don’t look at the whole picture until something bad happens, don’t want that to happen to you.

    Liked by 1 person

    • Donkey Driver November 29, 2015 / 1:10 am

      Thank you. I appreciate the info. 😊 I will try the mothballs. One thing , I have had a puppy eat my mothballs before. She was a crazy mixed up dog ,though! Lol. I’m hoping the mice plague will subside to normal numbers soon.

      Like

      • tbnranch November 29, 2015 / 5:20 pm

        yuk, can’t imagine eating a moth ball. gross.FYI… I put moth balls in burlap, tie it shut and hang it. Hubby thinks I’m crazy, but it works!

        Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s